MY UNCLE'S WEDDING



Written by. Adinda Fatimah
This post was wrote for my english assignment 




Hello everyone! My name is Adinda, y'all known me as Adin. In this post, I will shared about my activity on Saturday, two weeks ago. At Saturday, 24 August 2019, it was one of my uncle's biggest day in his life. It was because on that day was his wedding. The wedding held on Saturday, 24 August 2019 at Selaras Guest House and Restaurant. 

I woke up at 4am on that day. Then, I took a shower, dressed up, and went to prayed. After that, I ate bread for breakfast, while waiting my uncle and my family to dressed up. At 7am, makeup artist came into my house, and started to makeup me, my grandma, my mom, and of course my uncle! Actually, I've never wore makeup when i went to a wedding before. I always look natural.. But, because it was my uncle's wedding, so I dressed up to look better. I asked the makeup artist to dressed me up naturally, so that I still look fresh and natural.

Finally, I wore a pink lace dress, with brown heels, and my hair braided with a cambodia flower bobby pin. My mom, she looks pretty with cream kebaya, batik, and maroon heels. My two brothers looks tough and manly with batik clothes. And of course, my uncle, he looks amazing with black suit and kopeah on his head.

At 8.30am, we went convoy to Selaras Guest House and Restaurant. 
At 8.45am, we arrived. My uncle stood tough with my grandma and grandpa beside him. A glimpse of a happy smile floated on his face. Just about a few hours later, will be a new chapter in his life. Oh I forgot, he assigned me to brought dowry. My brothers, my mom, my grandma, and my other family brought some "seserahan" to his wife later. 

At 9.00am, my uncle (the groom) and his family walked in to the marriage contract location. It was a beautiful garden in the middle of the guest house. The interior and the decoration was very beautiful, there are flowers everywhere! I liked it very much. A warm sunrise illuminates the wedding area. Solemn and hopeful fill the atmosphere. Finally, at 10am the marriage contract was finished. The atmosphere turn into joy and happiness, a warm smile etched on the faces of the bride and groom. It was a moment of happiness, and full of love. Congratulations Uncle and Aunty! May the years ahead be filled with health and lasting joy! 

At 11.00am, the reception began. There are many foods and drink served, from Indonesian into European cuisine. But, my favourite foods was mie kocok, laksa, and fish, and of course thai tea! Hihihi.. Everyone looked very happy and enjoyed the meal. And I totally agreed with the selection of the place. I really liked the place because it feels like you at your own home, and the architecture very unique and beautiful! The wedding party (reception) finished at 2pm.

Comments

Popular Posts